In the midst of a new year, often we get caught up in our resolutions which can thus lead to draining our bodies and our soul. It’s important to refuel and recognize what our body is craving. Not necessarily on the plate but inside.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite ways to refuel my soul to bring myself back to a peaceful state.
- Have a 10-minute date with yourself. Light some candles. Diffuse some essential oils. Meditate.
- Take a magnesium bath to replenish your body and rid it of unnecessary toxins. A recent study has shown that magnesium is best absorbed through the skin. I add 5 half droppers of my favorite brand, Young Living’s Mineral Essence to the bath along with some Epsom salts and lavender essential oil.
- Serve somebody. Do you have somebody in your life needing some extra love? Give that homeless man the $5. Pay for the car behind you’s coffee at your favorite barista. Open the door for the elderly woman. Give the pregnant woman the seat on the subway. There are so many ways we can serve and spread love.
- Read a book. Right now I’m finally diving into Rachel Hollis’s “Girl Wash Your Face”….yeah I know I’m a little late on that party but I’m loving it.
- Snuggle a puppy or a furry friend. Studies have shown that time spent with those furry friends can actually lower your blood pressure and your stress hormone.
- Get out in nature. Even 5 minutes spent outdoors have shown to elevate mood and improve overall health.
- Have a day date with a small child. This does wonders for me. A day with my girls to myself is my absolute favorite way to lift my spirits. Their sweet innocence can do incredible things to our soul.
- Have a kitchen dance party. Wait, did someone say “dance party”? Letting go and dancing it out is one of my most favorite things ever.
- Enjoy a nourishing elixir. I’m on a turmeric tea kick at the moment. So good and beneficial to your overall health and well-being. (Recipe below)
- Practice gratitude. End every day with a gratitude list. Meditate on them or journal them out. I love writing them out so I can refer back and truly appreciate every little thing that this life is giving to me.
- 1 cup plant based milk
- cinnamon stick
- 2 drops cardamom essential oil (make sure it’s a good brand that can be ingested – I use Young Living)
- 1 drop nutmeg essential oil
- fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- Bulletproof brain octane
- 1 T turmeric
- fresh grounded black pepper (to activate turmeric)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (sneaky protein)